Duke Agency Inc prepares personal, business, corporate, LLC’s, partnerships, and trust income taxes. -We offer remote tax filling as well for all 50 states. (for those quarantined or do not want to to come in due to coronavirus) -Various tax problem solving and All Audits. -Bookkeeping using Quickbooks -Payroll services. -Startups and dissolutions. -Homeowners, property, business, and health insurance. -Tax Reform 2018 we are up to date with all new tax law changes. -We can help set up payment plans and or tax settlements for past due tax debt.


Established in 1986.

* We prepare personal, business, corporate, LLC, partnership, and trust income taxes. * Startups and dissolutions * All states, All forms since 1986 * We can do your taxes back 10 years * Preparation for various audits. Lesley Doukhowetzky is an enrolled agent can represent you in front of the IRS.

Meet the Business Owner

Business owner information

Photo of Lesley D.

Lesley D.

Business Owner

Lesley Doukhowetzky is the owner and manager and  of Duke Agency, a family owned business started in 1986. Lesley is also an Enrolled Agent and can represent you in front of the IRS in case of an audit.

Our Mission

Duke Agency Inc. is a small firm dedicated exclusively to taxation and accounting for small businesses and individuals. We have been based in New York City for over 35 years. Our small size, education, and stability allow us to deliver the personalized attention and expertise to help you achieve your  business and personal goals.


What is an Enrolled Agent?Enrolled Agents (EAs) are America’s Tax Experts. EAs are the only federally licensed tax practitioners who specialize in taxation and also have unlimited rights to represent taxpayers before the IRS.What does the term “Enrolled Agent” mean?“Enrolled” means to be licensed to practice by the federal government, and “Agent” means authorized to appear in the place of the taxpayer at the IRS. Only Enrolled Agents, attorneys, and CPAs have unlimited rights to represent taxpayers before the IRS. The Enrolled Agent profession dates back to 1884 when, after questionable claims had been presented for Civil War losses, Congress acted to regulate persons who represented citizens in their dealings with the U.S. Treasury Department.How does one become an enrolled agent?The license is earned in one of two ways, by passing a comprehensive examination which covers all aspects of the tax code, or having worked at the IRS for five years in a position which regularly interpreted and applied the tax code and its regulations. All candidates are subjected to a rigorous background check conducted by the IRS.How can an Enrolled Agent help me?Enrolled Agents advise, represent, and prepare tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, estates, trusts, and any entities with tax-reporting requirements. Enrolled Agents’ expertise in the continually changing field of taxation enables them to effectively represent taxpayers at all administrative levels within the IRS.Privilege and the Enrolled AgentThe IRS Restructuring and Reform Act of 1998 allow federally authorized practitioners (those bound by the Department of Treasury’s Circular 230 regulations) a limited client privilege. This privilege allows confidentiality between the taxpayer and the Enrolled Agent under certain conditions. The privilege applies to situations in which the taxpayer is being represented in cases involving audits and collection matters. It is not applicable to the preparation and filing of a tax return. This privilege does not apply to state tax matters, although a number of states have an accountant-client privilege.Are Enrolled Agents required to take continuing education?In addition to the stringent testing and application process, the IRS requires Enrolled Agents to complete 72 hours of continuing education, reported every three years, to maintain their Enrolled Agent status. NAEA members are obligated to complete 30 hours per year (for a total of 90 hours per three year period). Because of the expertise necessary to become an Enrolled Agent and the requirements to maintain the license, there are only about 46,000 practicing Enrolled Agents.What are the differences between Enrolled Agents and other tax professionals?Only Enrolled Agents are required to demonstrate to the IRS their competence in all areas of taxation, representation and ethics before they are given unlimited representation rights before IRS. Unlike attorneys and CPAs, who are state licensed and who may or may not choose to specialize in taxes, all Enrolled Agents specialize in taxation. Registered tax return preparers have passed a minimal competence test on tax forms for individuals, and have only limited representation rights.Are Enrolled Agents bound by any ethical standards?Enrolled Agents are required to abide by the provisions of the Department of Treasury’s Circular 230, which provides the regulations governing the practice of Enrolled Agents before the IRS. NAEA members are also bound by a Code of Ethics and Rules of Professional Conduct of the Association.Why should I choose an Enrolled Agent who is a member of the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA)?The principal concern of the National Association of Enrolled Agents and its members is honest, intelligent and ethical representation of the financial position of taxpayers before the governmental agencies. Members of NAEA must fulfill continuing professional education requirements that exceed the IRS’ required minimum. In addition, NAEA members adhere to a stringent Code of Ethics and Rules of Professional Conduct of the Association, as well as the Treasury Department’s Circular 230 regulations. NAEA members belong to a strong network of experienced, well-trained tax professionals who effectively represent their clients and work to make the tax code fair and reasonably enforced.Enrolled Agents are America’s Tax Experts!

Contact Us

763 Leonard St.
Brooklyn, NY 11222