Tax document check list
Please bring applicable documents listed below
- All current W-2 and/or 1099 forms provided by your employer
- Bank interest statements log in to your bank acct and check for tax forms (Form 1099-INT)
- Stock and Dividend statements (Form 1099-DIV) and again log in to your online account and download or print the 1099-Div they do not always mail it anymore.
- Long and short term stock gains and losses. Crypto currencies gains and losses if any where sold during the year again log in to your online account and download or print the year end tax form they do not always mail it anymore.
- Form 1099-K all credit card processor reports, ZELLE, VENMO, PAYPAL, SQUARE ECT.. log in to your online account and download or print the year end tax form they do not always mail it.
- List of expenses for your business (if self employed) or unreimbursed employee expenses. (this is where accounting comes in)
- We need to know the exact amount you received for the third economic stimulus payment. The IRS will begin issuing Letter 6475, Your Third Economic Impact Payment, to EIP recipients in late January. This letter will help Economic Impact Payment recipients determine if they are entitled to and should claim the recovery rebate credit on their 2021 tax returns when they file in. 2022 tax year does not apply.
- Letter 6419, 2021 advance CTC, in late December 2021 and will continue into January. This letter includes the total amount of advance child tax credit payments taxpayers received in 2021 and the number of qualifying children used to calculate the advance payments. We need this in order for you to receive a timely refund.
- Mortgage interest statements & Real estate property tax paid for the year(home or land owner only) (Form 1098)
- List of expenses, repairs, utilities ect.. and income for your rental property.
- College or Graduate School statement (Form 1098-T)
- School Loan Interest (Form 1098-E)
- Health Insurance Marketplace Statement “Obama care” (Form 1095-A, 1095-B or 1095-C if you did not have health insurance for the full year)
- K-1 form from your Corporation or LLC.
- Any donation amounts and name of charities you gave to during the year.
- Distributions from Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, (Form 1099-R)
- Social Security Benefit statement (SSA/1099)
- A copy of last years tax return (new clients only)